Saturday 29 November 2014

Canvasback

Yesterday I made a quick stop at the sewage lagoon in Woodstock. I was pleased to find a bright male Redhead! It is a first for me so I went back again early this morning. It was still there (it was actually the only duck present). I didn't get much of a picture due to the mist coming off the water, but as you can see there is enough there for a positive ID.

I plan on going back there tomorrow and definitely again on Monday. December 1st is the start of the Winter Bird List for New Brunswick so it would be great if it sticks around at least until then!

*Turns out, this was really a Canvasback! Some other great birders noticed features of Canvasback rather than a Redhead in this poor photo. I returned today to confirm the ID and will post a better picture in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment