Friday 21 November 2014

Lesser Scaup & Bohemian Waxwing

The sewage lagoon in Woodstock still has a nice variety of waterfowl even though it is nearly December. I'm hoping a few different species stick around for the Christmas Bird Count which begins on the 14th next month. There were eight Lesser Scaup still there and this male was close enough to the fence for me to get a decent picture.

Some of the typical winter birds have arrived in Woodstock. I had my first American Tree Sparrow and Evening Grosbeak of the winter just last week. I also found a dozen Bohemian Waxwings just up from the lagoon last weekend. There are of reports of Pine Siskins, Gray Jays, Pine Grosbeaks, Common Redpolls and White-winged Crossbills across NB so there should be a much better variety of birds compared to last winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment