Tuesday 23 July 2013

Willet, Semipalmated Sandpiper - PEI

This evening, I returned from my first visit to PEI of the summer. I was there for about four days and found 52 different species of birds. Three were added to my life list - Willet (pic #4), Semipalmated Sandpiper (pic #1) and Pied-billed Grebe. I met up with a local birder, Ron Arvidson, on Monday and he showed me a great area that I was hoping to get to anyway, Noonan's Marsh, which is right after you cross the Confederation Bridge.

I was pleased to get pictures of Short-billed Dowitchers (pic #2) and to find a Bank Swallow colony (pic #3). The Island Nature Trust had posted that they were looking for Bank Swallows so I went for a drive to where I have seen them for the past couple of summers and posted a video on their group here; https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10153031750325258&set=o.190787204315860&type=2&theater













No comments:

Post a Comment