Sunday 9 June 2013

Black-crowned Night Heron & Eastern Wood-Pewee

I was determined to add to my life list today since I knew I had at least 2 hours to look around. After searching for those two hours along the Grafton Shore Road, I did find over 20 different species, but none were new. It was past 3 so I knew I should be getting home as my boys would most likely be up from their naps. As I was walking towards my car I continued to search and happened to see my first Black-crowned Night Heron (not an American Bittern) and Eastern Wood-Pewee. I'm now up to 112 for the year and 127 for life!

*Thanks to Merv Cormier for the correction! I was looking very hard for an American Bittern that I just assumed thats what I had found. I can't say enough how great its been to be a member of http://birdingnewbrunswick.ca/



No comments:

Post a Comment