Wednesday 20 May 2015

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Anytime I am home, every one in a while I take a quick look outside to see if anything is around. I looked out yesterday and saw a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak. It is the first time I've ever had one in my yard before and it was nice to get a decent photo. I kept looking into the evening and eventually the male showed up too and they took turns feeding.

May has been a great month for birding. So far I'm up to 95 species although I checked and last year I got up to 107. This is doable however as I've yet to see a few species that I'll eventually see for much of the summer (ex. Eastern Kingbird, Common Nighthawk, Least Sandpiper). I'm up to 134 for the year so I'm already just 31 away from beating last year's total!




No comments:

Post a Comment