Saturday 31 August 2013

Black & White Warbler, Red-eyed Vireo, Least Flycatcher

It has been quite a while since I have posted so I'll focus on some highlights of my backyard. Over the past few weeks, there have been many different families of birds that have spent time around our yard. Here is the list that I even added to today - Mourning Dove, Chipping Sparrow, Purple Finch, Black-capped Chickadee, Cedar Waxwing, American Goldfinch, Robin, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Hairy Woodpecker, and Red-eyed Vireo (pictured).

I've also had a Least Flycatcher (pictured) in my yard for over a week now.

A few weeks ago, I had 6 Common Nighthawks flying over my house which my son and I enjoyed watching for a few minutes.

Its harder to find warblers out on my walks now, but lately I just need to look outside to find some. Here is what has been in my yard over the past two weeks - Blackburian, Yellow, Yellow-rumped, Common Yellowthroat, American Redstart, Northern Parula and Black & White (pictured).

Its the first time I've had a Black and White Warbler, Red-eyed Vireo and Least Flycatcher (just to be clear, this is my neighbor's satellite as we don't have a television!) in my yard before (pictured below in order).








No comments:

Post a Comment