Monday 20 May 2013

Blue-winged Teal & Gray Catbird

I couldn't sleep this morning so I ventured out to go birding before 6am. It was my plan all along to get out early on Victoria Day, but I didn't think there would be much to see with all the rain. I was wrong however, and I have decided I should get out in the rain more often actually. Here are some highlights from my morning:

American Redstart (first of year)
Ring-necked Pheasant
Wild Turkey
Baltimore Oriole (first of year)
Belted Kingfisher
Osprey

Picture 1 - Gray Catbird - I heard this one in the distance and keep going through the woods until I found it. My son was quite interested in a bird by such a name so I played him a video that included it meowing. Yesterday I found 2 in Mactaquac, but couldn't get a picture so I was pleased to get one today.

Picture 2 - Blue-winged Teal (found in two different locations). This was a lifer for me and brought me up to 100! for the year and 121 for life in New Brunswick.



No comments:

Post a Comment